Monday, July 28, 2008

New Non-fiction Choices

The Surrender Tree Poems of Cuba's Struggle for Freedom - A multi award winning book of poetry about Cuba's freed slaves and their continued fight for freedom. j 811.45 Eng

The Random House book of Poetry for Children - great poems for kids written by numerous authors.
I'm in trouble made a bubble peeled it off my nose
felt a rock in my sock got gum between my toes
Made another told my brother we could blow a pair
Give three cheers now our ears are sticking to our hair.
j 811.008 Ran

Pale Male Citizen Hawk of New York City- A true adventure of Pale Male, a red tailed hawk, and his mate as they raise their young in busy downtown New York.
j 598.944


Snow White
- This beautiful story is retold in Spanish and English. j 468 Des


See How They Run Campaign Dreams, Election Schemes and the Race to the White House - A very interesting book about the presidential elections from the very beginning.


No comments: